March 10, 2010
Looking for a self-confidence booster or something to ensure success in an upcoming event? Or … okay … you want to rule the world.
Visualization is a powerful tool. Through envisioning a desired outcome you activate the same neuronal networks in your brain that are energized when the event actually occurs. Cool! Now you are more likely to live the actual success.
Tips to Visualizing Success:
- Reflect the desired outcome in your mind
- Live it as if you were there and it was happening
- Engage as many of your senses as possible: What do the surroundings look like? Are there any smells associated with it? What things do you feel with your hands, such as what does the fabric on the chair you are sitting on feel like?
- Keep the visualization as positive as possible. Letting an undesired outcome creep in is the same as visualizating it happening. Don’t do that … use only positive images.
- Lather, Rinse, Repeat … keep mentally living it over and over again.
You will LOVE how well this works!